Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Interview with Wang Chung Lead Singer Jack Hues

Show Notes: I had a lot of fun with this one. First of all, I had a good time listening to the music leading up to the interview and found out I knew and liked even more Wang Chung songs than I thought I did.

Once again, good guy. He really is. Doesn't take himself too seriously in terms of talking about Wang Chung, but at the same time had lots of interesting stuff to say about the music and the band. He was a good sport about talking about the name, which he's probably had to do thousands of times. Even cooler, he was a good sport about singing on the spot. It might not sound like a big deal, but singing even a line or two over a bad phone connection definitely isn't the ideal way to showcase your voice. A lot of people wouldn't do that.

Speaking of the phone connection, the audio probably wasn't quite as clear as usual on this one. That always bothers me, but in this case, I hope you'll be a little forgiving since he was coming to JMS from England. I know it's 2009 and that's not a huge deal, but there's still something kind of cool about it. Also cool, by the way, was that Jack seemed to get a kick out of the bonus clip I posted with the writer of the classic Wang Chung Cheers line.

If you haven't already had a chance, have a listen. And make sure to check out Wang Chung on the Regeneration Tour this summer.

No comments: