Saturday, February 13, 2010

Just My Show Interviews Dave Silk of the Miracle on Ice Hockey Team! Do you still believe?
















It's a brand new season and Just My Show is back in a big way...with the first of two podcasts to get you fired up for the Vancouver Winter Olympics. The events kick off today, but it was 30 years ago this month, that a team of U.S. amateur hockey players went to the 1980 games in Lake Placid and pulled off one of the greatest upsets in the history of sports.

"As the Olympics roll around, we get excited about it, at least I do" Dave Silk told Just My Show about his role in the Miracle on Ice, which Sports Illustrated called the greatest sports moment of the 20th century. Don't read about it though. Hear about it from one of the guys who was actually on the ice when the buzzer sounded and the U.S. hockey team inspired the nation by defeating the dominant Soviet Union.

The Miracle on Ice's Dave Silk on Just My Show...Listen Now!

No comments: