Tuesday, December 1, 2009

"Christmas Vacation" Director "Very Very Proud" 20 Years Later




"In my heart of hearts, I always wanted to make a timeless movie and a classic movie, but really, I just wanted to make a funny movie," Christmas Vacation director Jeremiah Chechik told Just My Show. Twenty years to the day after it opened in U.S. theaters, he seems to have done all of the above.

Chechik followed in the footsteps of 80s film icons Harold Ramis and Amy Heckerling to helm the third installment of the National Lampoon series. It was the very first feature he directed before racking up a list of credits including Benny & Joon and The Bronx is Burning. Not a bad way to start. "I just consider it just very good fortune," he told me on the eve of the anniversary.

You can hear a little more from Jeremiah in Just My Show's upcoming episode, along with a special surprise guest who'll help us celebrate two decades of the Griswold family Christmas. Check back soon and in the meantime, check out Jeremiah on Twitter at @tinroof.

No comments: